Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Clippasafe Ltd is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of all our customers, potential customers and visitors to our website: www.clippasafe.co.uk and subscribers to our newsletters. Our mailing system Campaign Monitor is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This policy was last updated 24.05.2018
This policy explains:
- What information we collect
- Why we collect the information.
- How we may use the information.
- How long we keep and protect your information.
- What options you have to control your marketing preferences.
- What your individual data protection rights are.
When you share your personal information with us, you have a right to expect that information to be treated with total confidentiality. Therefore, it is our responsibility to manage your personal data that you provide to us with care and in accordance with all data protection legislation and industry best practise.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal data provided to us is accurate and up to date. You can update us with any changes or corrections by contacting [email protected]
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, address and phone number
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to offers
- Cheque details including sort code and account number in the case of processing a cheque payment
In the event that we do use your personal data, we will not disclose it to third parties (unless you have previously given your consent) except that we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to:
- Anyone who may manage the running of the website on our behalf.
- Any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of any offence, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request and to protect our users and ourselves.
- Certain non-personal information of visitors to the Clippasafe website is recorded by the standard operation of the web site including but without limitation, the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to and what browser you are using.
If we need to process any data categorised as “sensitive” by the Data Protection Act 1998, we will always ask for your consent when collecting the data. In the unlikely event that the Clippasafe website and the customer data relating to it are sold to another party, we will endeavour to ensure that your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected .We provide multiple opportunities on the website for you to communicate with us electronically.
We would like to use your details to inform you by email about our services and events that may be of interest to you. If you would like to receive such information, at each data collection point, you will have the opportunity to give us your consent for us to use your details for this purpose.
When you first visit the Clippasafe website, we may send you a cookie. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes, and we will use them to do a number of things.
Cookies help us to recognise you when you next visit the Clippasafe website and note the pages you visit.
This allows us to tailor the service we provide to your preferences. Cookies may be used to compile statistics in regard to the use of services, or to patterns of browsing. When used in this manner, you are not individually identified, and information collected in this manner is only used in aggregate.
You are not obliged to accept a cookie from us, and you may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. For information on how to achieve this please refer to the Help section on your browser, or contact your system administrator.